Knowing how to clean a George Foreman grill is relatively easy, allowing anyone who owns one to cook healthy grilled foods without a lot of heavy-duty cleanup. Grab your sponge and get ready to make your George Foreman grill look like it did when it came out of the package.
Cleaning Instructions for George Foreman Grills
Once you cook your first meal on your George Foreman grill, cleaning it properly keeps it ready for many future grilling adventures. Some George Foreman grills have removable plates, which makes cleaning them a breeze, while others contain plates that are not removable. Either type of grill is simple to clean. For this cleaning journey, you need:
- Dish soap
- Oven mitt
- Paper towel
Grill Plates (Removable)
For any George Foreman grill with removable plates, clean it by following these steps.
- Unplug the grill, and let it cool completely.
- Use an oven mitt on the plates if you're not sure they're cooled off.
- Remove the plates and submerge them in hot, soapy water.
- Use a soapy sponge to clean the plates and allow them to air dry.
- Avoid using metal scrubbing pads as they may damage the plates' surfaces.
Grill Plates (Non-Removable)
A good tip for how to clean a George Foreman grill without removable plates is to do so while the grill is still warm before any leavings have a chance to harden. Follow these steps to clean your grill and keep it looking its best and working at peak capacity.
- After cooking the food and unplugging the grill, keep it open for 10 to 15 minutes, allowing it to cool slightly.
- Place several damp paper towels onto the grill and close the lid.
- Let the grill sit for a few minutes, and then wipe it with paper towels.
- It may be necessary to get more clean towels once the others get dirty.
- Be sure and wipe under the bottom of the grill, where drippings often sit.
- Use the plastic spatulas that come with the grill to scrape off any hard-to-remove foods.
- Avoid using harsh scrubbers on the grill, as these may damage the non-stick surface.
- You can also use a soapy sponge to wipe down the interior.
George Foreman grills are not designed to be immersed in water - they're electrical appliances, and placing them in water may lead to electrical shock.
- Unplug the grill.
- Clean the outside of the grill with a damp towel or paper towels.
- Simply wipe the exterior and allow it to dry.
Trays and Spatulas
The trays that come with George Foreman grills to catch all of the fat and drippings from your food are easy to clean.
- Place them in a sink full of hot, soapy water.
- Wash as you would any plastic dish.
The plastic spatulas may be cleaned the same way.
George Foreman Grill Cleaning Sponges
A pack of George Foreman cleaning sponges comes with some grill models. These sponges are perfectly designed to clean the various surfaces, with a scouring side that won't damage your grill or plates. Grooves on the sponges are made to fit right into the grill plates for ease of cleaning.
Easy Ways to Clean George Foreman Grill
George Foreman grills make for easy cooking, especially in those winter months. They are also healthy since the fat runs right off the meat. But, with all that cooking deliciousness, they can get dirty. Know you know how to get your George Foreman grill clean, so it's ready for your next grilling adventure.