Shopping for a pressure washing trailer is not for the faint of heart. Purchasing one of these powerful cleaning tools requires a great deal of research and money, especially if you are a need of a professional grade version. Fortunately, once you get the information you need, you shouldn't have a problem obtaining a decent machine at a price you can afford.
Where to Find a Pressure Washing Trailer
Professional cleaners need professional equipment, so it's not a good idea to purchase a standard power washer from a home improvement store like Home Depot or Lowe's, and try to hook it up to your own trailer. The washers sold at these do-it-yourself big box stores are not equipped to withstand the demands that professionals place on their hot or cold water models. What's more, when you are investing upwards of $10,000 on a power washing trailer you want to make sure you are purchasing it from a company that carries a complete line of accessories and spare parts that are readily accessible in case you need them in a hurry. Specialty stores often offer maintenance plans and technical support on the trailer-mounted pressure washers it sells, so that's added incentive to shop locally.
To find a professional grade pressure washing trailer in your area you can contact retailers that sell large cleaning equipment, such as Sears. Even if your local Sears store does not have a large inventory, employees there can search other Sears locations across the nation. In most cases you can order it and have it shipped to your local store. Another place to look for a power washer with a trailer is at industrial supply stores. Simply look up "Industrial Supplies" in the Yellow Pages or Google the words and your hometown and you should be able to find a list of retailers that sell the cleaning tool.
Top-Rated Online Resources
The downside to purchasing a mobile pressure washer in-person is that the specialty stores that sell them are typically located in large metropolitan areas, which means if you don't live near a big city, then you are left with very limited options. In these cases, your best bet is to shop online. Fortunately, there are a number of reputable online retailers who sell top of the line pressure washer trailers, including:
Tips for Buying Pressure Washing Trailers
There is a huge array of pressure washing trailers available, which can be good or bad depending on how you look at it. With the volume of options available shopping may be overwhelming for some, while those in the know may appreciate having so many trailers to choose from. If you are selecting equipment for professional use, then it is critical that you pick a trailer that is designed to be effective for at least several thousands of hours of use, is made from quality parts and is easily serviceable.
Types of Washers
There are two types of power washer trailers available:
- Hot water: Designed for removing grease, oil and other sticky substances, hot water washers reduce the need for harsh chemicals and additional labor.
- Cold water: Used mainly for deck and vehicle cleaning, and wood restoration where greasy, oily and sticky substances are not involved.
Regardless of the type of pressure washer trailer you are shopping for, there are a number of basic features that you should keep an eye out for if you are planning to use it for commercial jobs:
- At least 3,000 psi washer
- Minimum 50-foot pressure hose and wand
- Extension wand
- Additional feet of pressure hose
- Hose reel
- Zero-degree rotating turbo nozzle
- Trigger spray guns
- Internal components made from high-quality stainless steel or ceramic rather than cheap plastic
- Separate components that can be easily removed for maintenance and repair
Depending on your budget you can purchase additional features as you need them, including an adjustable pressure valve, different nozzle tips to help with a range of cleaning jobs, and an automatic engine shut-off protector.
Among the most popular brands of pressure washer trailers are:
- Cam Spray: The company sells professional grade cold and hot water trailer mounted pressure washers with Honda engines. Notable features include a roto-molded tank with automatic shut off which helps protect the machine from wearing down and running dry.
- Shark: This brand offers a line of commercial pressure washers with Honda engines. The cleaning machines also come with multiple hose reels and water tanks that can hold up to 300 gallons of water.
Before You Buy
Before you invest a ton of money in a trailer-mounted power washing machine it is a good idea to determine what surfaces you will be cleaning and how frequently you will be using your tool. Once you determine how and where you will be cleaning, you can come up with a budget for a particular model. As your business grows, you can then purchase additional features and extend the functionality of your equipment.