Your phone case is an accessory like a piece of jewelry or handbag. So, you don't want it to look dirty or yellowing. Get quick and easy tips for how to clean your transparent phone case that turned yellow.
Easy Ways to Clean Clear Phone Case - Materials
Did you notice that your clear phone case is looking a bit yellow? Yuck! Try out a few natural methods to get your case clear again. Here's what you'll need:
Clean Clear Phone Case With Baking Soda
Got a little bit of baking soda and an old toothbrush on hand? You are in luck. Use these materials to get the dirt off your case. It's simple and easy.
- Sprinkle a bit of baking soda on a wet toothbrush.
- Scrub the case well.
- Rinse and repeat as necessary.
TikTok Method for Cleaning Clear Phone Case
- Put your case in a container or sink.
- Add a dab of toothpaste, a squirt of dish soap, a teaspoon of salt, and ½ cup of white vinegar.
- Fill your sink or container with water.
- Allow to soak for 15-20 minutes.
How to Clean Clear Phone Case With Dish Soap
Not everyone keeps baking soda and vinegar in their cupboard. Or maybe you are just out. If that's the case, you want to grab the dish soap to clean a dirty case. Dawn is recommended, since it has the most cleaning power.
- Create a solution of dish soap and water.
- Place the phone case in the solution.
- Use the toothbrush to scrub it.
- Rinse and repeat as you need to.
Using White Vinegar to Clean Clear Phone Case
Are you ready to set it and forget it? You're in luck. If you don't have time to scrub away, just grab the white vinegar and let that baby soak.
- Put your phone case in a container.
- Add 1 cup of white vinegar and 2 tablespoons of baking soda.
- Use something to keep the case down.
- Allow it to soak for a few hours.
- Rinse and enjoy.
Using an Eraser to Remove Stains
Maybe your phone case isn't yellow but more just dirty and marked. If that's the case, all you need is a good ol' eraser.
- Just run the eraser along your phone to get rid of marks.
- Enjoy a clean case.
How to Clean Your Clear Phone Case With Toothpaste
Toothpaste to clean your clear case. Who would have thought? Well, it works.
- Squirt some toothpaste on your case.
- Scrub it until all the yellow is gone.
You can give it a presoak in a bit of Dawn and water for stubborn stains.
Cleaning a Clear Phone Case With Hydrogen Peroxide or Bleach
When none of the other methods work and you are desperate, you can reach for the bleach or hydrogen peroxide. Just beware that these chemicals can damage some phone cases.
- Place your phone in a container with water, so it's submerged.
- Add a teaspoon of bleach OR a ½ cup of hydrogen peroxide. (Do not mix these chemicals)
- Allow it to soak until clear.
This method also works to disinfect your case.
Simple Way to Disinfect Clear Phone Case With Rubbing Alcohol
Your case might not be a dark yellow. It could just be covered with all those kid or sick germs. To get those off immediately, you just need rubbing alcohol.
- Put a small dab of rubbing alcohol on a cloth.
- Wipe down your phone case.
- Make sure to get all the creases and crevices.
- Put it back on your phone.
When to Get a New Case
Unfortunately, that yellowing of your phone case isn't just from dirt. Polymers can yellow as they age. So, try as you might; your case might not be clear any longer if it's getting old. When that happens, it's time to invest in a new case. This is especially true if you notice any cracks or wear-away of the material around the edges.
How to Clean a Clear Phone Case
Who wants a ratty-looking phone case? No one! Get your clear case looking new again with a few easy-to-follow methods. It's as easy as that.